Details for Benchmark: LY2895
N 41° 12.975 W 074° 27.854 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by PSEG (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PUBLIC SERVICE E + G 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN VERNON TOWNSHIP ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF MAPLE GRANGE ROAD, IN MAPLE GRANGE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE VERNON TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT NUMBER 1, SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF N.J. ROUTE 94 NORTH AND COUNTY ROAD 515 IN VERNON, GO NORTH ON N.J. ROUTE 94 NORTH AND COUNTY ROAD 515 FOR 1.6 MI (2.6 KM) TO THE JUNCTION WITH MAPLE GRANGE ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT ON MAPLE GRANGE ROAD AND GO WEST FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO A SINGLE SET OF TRACKS AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, JUST PAST THE TRACKS, SET IN A LAWN OPPOSITE THE DRIVEWAY FOR THE CONGRUENT MACHINING COMPANY. THE STATION IS 9.35 M (30.68 FT) EAST NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF MAPLE GRANGE ROAD, 3.14 M (10.30 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A SAWED OFF TELEPHONE POLE AND 2.0 M (6.6 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE PAVED DRIVE FOR THE CONGRUENT MACHINING COMPANY. THE STATION IS A STANDARD PUBLIC SERVICE ELECTRIC AND GAS COMPANY BRONZE DISK, STAMPED MAPLE, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.