Details for Benchmark: LY2898
N 41° 16.930 W 074° 31.332 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWN OF WARWICK ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF OIL CITY ROAD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF LAKE WALLKILL ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 88 AND OIL CITY ROAD, GO NORTHWEST ON OIL CITY ROAD FOR 0.45 MI (0.72 KM) TO AN ABANDONED RAILROAD GRADE CROSSING AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT, NEAR THE TOP OF BANK OF A DRAINAGE DITCH. THE STATION IS 6.85 M (22.47 FT) WEST NORTHWEST OF A 1 FOOT (0.3 M) DIAMETER WOODEN GATE POST, 17.7 M (58.1 FT) SOUTH SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF OIL CITY ROAD AND 6.4 M (21.0 FT) NORTH NORTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE ABANDONED RAILROAD GRADE CROSSING. THE STATION IS A STANDARD FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE ALUMINUM DISK, STAMPED WILD 1991, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.