Details for Benchmark: LY2908
N 41° 02.961 W 074° 03.973 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- MONTVALE 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NJDT (MONUMENTED)
|04/22/1992 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF MONTVALE ON THE GROUNDS OF THE MONTVALE SERVICE AREA OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AT THE SOUTH END OF THE GENERAL PARKING AREA ALONG THE EXIT RAMP FROM THE SOUTHBOUND LANES AT MILEPOINT 170.992. THE STATION IS 2.9 M (9.5 FT) EAST SOUTHEAST FROM AN INLET AT THE WEST END OF THE ISLAND, 3.1 M (10.2 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A STOP SIGN WITH A ONE WAY SIGN ATTACHED AT THE SOUTH END OF THE ISLAND AND 4.5 M (14.8 FT) SOUTH SOUTHEAST FROM A STEEL LAMP POST NUMBER AB 4259 WITH TWO HOUR PARKING SIGN ATTACHED. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH WITH THE SIDEWALK OF THE CONCRETE ISLAND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.