Details for Benchmark: LZ0025
N 41° 38.617 W 076° 09.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WYOMING county, PA View Original Datasheet
- N 53
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT LACEYVILLE. AT LACEYVILLE, WYOMING COUNTY, ABOUT 125 FEET WEST OF THE LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD STATION, ABOUT 300 FEET NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 225, ABOUT 84 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF BRIDGE STREET, 48 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE BRADFORD CO. CREAMERY, IN THE LAWN, 20 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTH-BOUND TRACK, AND ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N 53 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.