Details for Benchmark: LZ0034
N 41° 33.717 W 076° 00.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WYOMING county, PA View Original Datasheet
- H 58 RESET 1966
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by LVRR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD 1966
AT VOSBURG. AT VOSBURG, ABOUT 300 FEET WEST OF THE LEHIGH VALLEY RAILROAD STATION, ABOUT 400 FEET EAST OF THE EAST PORTAL OF THE VOSBURG TUNNEL, AT A 35-FOOT GIRDER BRIDGE, IN THE EAST COPING, 7 FEET 3 INCHES NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SINGLE TRACK, AND ABOUT 6 INCHES LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.