Details for Benchmark: LZ1477
N 41° 45.450 W 077° 57.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In POTTER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Y 351
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
0.2 MI W FROM SWEDEN VALLEY. 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 6 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 44 IN SWEDEN VALLEY, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST WINGWALL OF A BRIDGE, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY, AND IS ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.