Details for Benchmark: LZ1846
N 41° 30.659 W 076° 04.199 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WYOMING county, PA View Original Datasheet
- MEHOOPANY ATT MICROWAVE MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (WMJ)
THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE MEHOOPANY, AMERICAN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH MICROWAVE MAST. THE MAST IS A STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED ALTERNATE RED AND WHITE AND IS 250 FEET IN OVERALL HEIGHT.
THE MAST IS LOCATED 4.5 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MEHOOPANY, 3 MILES SOUTHEAST OF FORKSTON, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION MEHOOPANY AND ON THE SUMMIT OF MEHOOPANY MOUNTAIN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.