Details for Benchmark: MA0088
N 41° 46.183 W 078° 01.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In POTTER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 33
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT COUDERSPORT. AT THE SOUTHWEST PORTION OF COUDERSPORT, POTTER COUNTY, ON U.S. HIGHWAY 6, AT A 70-FOOT STEEL AND CONCRETE BRIDGE, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST ABUTMENT, 18 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE FINISHED HIGHWAY GRADE, AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTER LINE OF THE FINISHED GRADE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED J 33 1934.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.