Details for Benchmark: MA0931
N 41° 31.833 W 079° 03.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, PA View Original Datasheet
- N 76 RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT FROSTS. AT FROSTS, ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD, ABOUT 123 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD CROSSING, 92 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 68, 17 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 10 FEET NORTH OF POLE 129+1, 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- THE ABOVE DESCRIBED MONUMENT WAS FOUND VERY LOOSE, THE EARTH AROUND THE POST WAS RETAMPED AND THE MONUMENT MADE SOLID. A NEW ELEVATION WAS DETERMINED BY LEVELING FROM BENCH MARK R 56 (USGS) WHICH IS LOCATED ACROSS THE TRACKS FROM N 76.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.