Details for Benchmark: MA1118
N 41° 29.633 W 079° 27.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, PA View Original Datasheet
- C 88
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT TIONESTA. AT TIONESTA, FOREST COUNTY, 80 FEET SOUTH OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION, ABOUT 300 FEET SOUTH OF THE GRADE CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 227, 50 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 12 FEET SOUTH OF A WATER TANK, 22 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED C 88 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- THE DIRT ROAD IS NOW PAVED AND IS U.S. HIGHWAY 62. THIS HIGHWAY CROSSES THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD AT THE WEST END OF THE ALLEGHENY RIVER BRIDGE AND THEN TURNS PARALLEL TO THE RAILROAD. STATE HIGHWAY 36 (OLD 327) JOINS U.S. HIGHWAY 62 AT THE TURN.
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.