Details for Benchmark: MA1122
N 41° 29.633 W 079° 27.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT TIONESTA. AT TIONESTA, FOREST COUNTY, ABOUT 79 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION, AT THE SOUTHEAST COLUMN OF A WATER TOWER, ON THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION, 12 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A CHISELED SQUARE. THE CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION HAS BEEN BROKEN OFF UNTIL ONLY ABOUT HALF OF THE SQUARE REMAINS.
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.