Details for Benchmark: MA1126
N 41° 29.583 W 079° 27.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||emtfire10 marked MA1126 as destroyed
As stated in previous log
This one is most likely gone & destroyed
||shorbird couldn't find MA1126
The entire east wall of the bank building has been replaced, and the stone step has been removed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT TIONESTA. AT TIONESTA, FOREST COUNTY, ON ELM STREET, AT THE FOREST COUNTY NATIONAL BANK, 3 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE, IN THE TOP OF STONE STEP, 5 INCHES NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER, AT THE CROSSING OF WALNUT STREET, 42 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF WALNUT STREET, 32 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF ELM STREET, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE SIDEWALK, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROADWAY. A COPPER BOLT.
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.