Details for Benchmark: MA1127
N 41° 29.483 W 079° 27.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FOREST county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
0.2 MI E FROM TIONESTA. ABOUT 0.2 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT TIONESTA, FOREST COUNTY, AT THE CROSSING OF THE GERMAN HILL ROAD, OPPOSITE THE RURAL HOTEL, ABOUT 50 FEET WEST OF THE I.O.O.F. BUILDING, AT THE EAST END OF A TRIANGULAR GRASS PLOT, 17 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ON THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF A STONE CURB, AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE ROADWAY. A CHISELED SQUARE. NOTE-- LOCATION DESCRIBED IS ABOUT 1/2 MILE SOUTH OF COURTHOUSE. IT IS WEST OF THE MASONIC HALL, NOT I00F. DESCRIPTION IN USGS LIST CALLS IT A PAINTED SQUARE ON THE EAST END OF A SLANTING STONE CURB. THE CURB IS STILL THERE, BUT THERE ARE NO PAINT MARKS OR CHISELED SQUARE VISIBLE.
|01/01/1944 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.