Details for Benchmark: MA1346
N 41° 11.967 W 079° 51.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In VENANGO county, PA View Original Datasheet
- DMM 7
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
0.4 MI E FROM CLINTONVILLE. ABOUT 0.45 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 208 FROM THE CROSSROAD IN CLINTONVILLE. ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A BRIDGE IN FRONT OF A DAM AND RESERVOIR, 4-INCHES SOUTH OF THE HEADWALL AND 18.0 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS BRONZE DISK EMBED IN THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT.
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.