Details for Benchmark: MA1363
N 41° 01.350 W 079° 59.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1903 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.5 MI SE FROM KEISTERS. ABOUT 2.5 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE BESSEMER AND LAKE ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KEISTERS, BULTER COUNTY, ABOUT 2,100 FEET EAST OF MILEPOST 16.5, AT A DIRT-ROAD CROSSING, ABOUT 60 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 21 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 3-1/2- BY 5-FOOT BOULDER, AND ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROADWAY. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 1196 ADJ 1903.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.