Details for Benchmark: MA2174
N 41° 45.193 W 078° 00.069 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In POTTER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- COUDERSPORT RAD STA WFRM MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967 (ELH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF COUDERSPORT, ON A HIGH BARE HILL, ALONG THE INEZ-COUDERSPORT ROAD. IT IS CONSTRUCTED OF STRUCTURAL STEEL, A SINGLE COLUMN WITH THREE GUYED LEGS, PAINTED ALTERNATE ORANGE AND WHITE. IT IS 270 FEET HIGH WITH A FLASHING LIGHT AT THE APEX. THE INTERSECTION POINT IS THE LIGHT.
|01/01/1968 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (ELH)
STATION RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY J.L. COOK IN 1967. A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRAVERSE STATION COUDERSPORT 1968, DISTANCE BEING 276.79 FT. OR 84.365 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.