Details for Benchmark: MB0853
N 41° 13.600 W 080° 52.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TRUMBULL county, OH View Original Datasheet
- C 156
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
0.8 MI S FROM LEAVITTSBURG. ABOUT 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG LEAVITT ROAD FROM THE ERIE RAILROAD STATION AT LEAVITTSBURG, AT THE JUNCTION OF LEAVITT ROAD AND RISHER ROAD, 28 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF RISHER ROAD, 21 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF LEAVITT ROAD, 6 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEND OF A L SHAPED CONCRETE HEADWALL. IT IS 2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WHITE WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND ABOUT FLUSH WITH THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|08/20/1991 by OHDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1991
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.