Details for Benchmark: MB1042
N 41° 55.283 W 080° 33.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ASHTABULA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- ML 3
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
3 MI S FROM CONNEAUT. ABOUT 0.25 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAYS 7 AND 20 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CONNEAUT THENCE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FOR 1.95 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 7 AND INTERSTATE 90, THENCE EAST ON INTERSTATE 90 FOR 1.0 MILE TO MARK ON THE RIGHT. IT IS SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL AT THE WEST END OF CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A 5.0 FOOT ROUND CULVERT UNDER INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90, 41.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE, 4.0 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE HEADWALL. IT IS 3.0 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, PROJECTING 3.0 FEET ON THE SOUTH SIDE AND IS FLUSH ON THE NORTH SIDE.
|11/05/1993 by OHDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (BM)
-------REPORT BY OHDT ---------YEAR 1993--------- CONDITION NOT FOUND
CULVERTS MAY HAVE BEEN REDONE.
|07/04/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.