Details for Benchmark: MB1043
N 41° 55.767 W 080° 32.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ASHTABULA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- ML 4
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
4 MI S FROM CONNEAUT. ABOUT 0.25 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAYS 7 AND 20 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CONNEAUT THENCE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FOR 1.95 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 7 AND INTERSTATE 90, THENCE EAST ON INTERSTATE 90 FOR 2.1 MILE TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST ABUTMENT AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A 125 FOOT BRIDGE OVER A PAVED NORTH AND SOUTH ROAD. IT IS 25.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST BOUND LANE OF TRAFFIC, AND IS DRILLED IN THE BRIDGE ABOUT 1.0 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|11/05/1993 by OHDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (BM)
------REPORT BY OHDT--------YEAR 1993-------CONDITION -NOT FOUND
APPEARS THAT BRIDGE HAS BEEN REDONE.
|07/04/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.