Details for Benchmark: MB1044
N 41° 56.250 W 080° 31.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- P 273
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
5 MI SE FROM CONNEAUT. ABOUT 0.25 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAYS 7 AND 20 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CONNEAUT THENCE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FOR 1.95 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 7 AND INTERSTATE 90, THENCE EAST ON INTERSTATE 90 FOR 3.1 MILES TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT. ABOUT 3.0 MILES WEST ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 6N AND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90. IT IS DRILLED IN BASE OF ARCH OVER INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90, 24.6 FEET NORTH OF CENTER OF WEST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE, AND IS ABOUT THE SAME LEVEL AS THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.