Details for Benchmark: MB1157
N 41° 09.050 W 081° 21.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find MB1157
There has been extensive regrading and reconstruction at this location.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
AT KENT. AT KENT, PORTAGE COUNTY, 54 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SOUTH WATER STREET, IN THE CITY BUILDING, 18 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER, 9 FEET WEST OF THE WEST BUILDING LINE, 9 FEET SOUTH OF THE MIDDLE OF THE NORTHERNMOST OF THE WEST ENTRANCES, AND LEVEL WITH THE SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED KENT 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.