Details for Benchmark: MB1325
N 41° 07.217 W 081° 30.607 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, OH View Original Datasheet
- DIPLOMAT B C OF A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by OH0070 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF AKRON OHIO 1963
DIPLOMAT B IS ABOUT 350 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION ABOUT 46 PACES NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF NORTH MAIN STREET AND BANNOCK STREET, 18 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A BRIDGE ABUTMENT, 2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF NORTH MAIN STREET, 2.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A SIDEWALK, 16 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH BOUND LANE OF NORTH MAIN STREET AND 26.7 FEET SOUTH OF A STREET LIGHT POLE. IT IS A CITY OF AKRON DISK STAMPED DIPLOMAT B SET IN THE TOP OF A 6 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT 4 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF A 3 FOOT SQUARE OF CONCRETE AND COVERED WITH A 9 INCH IRON COVER.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT AKRON. AT AKRON, 141 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST ALONG NORTH MAIN STREET FROM THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF BANNOCK STREET, 18.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF NORTH HOWARD STREET OVERPASS, 2.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF SIDEWALK ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF STREET, 1.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF NORTH MAIN STREET, ABOUT 350 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE DIPLOMAT APARTMENT BUILDING AT 1350 NORTH HOWARD STREET, 26 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A STREET LAMP POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE STREET AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST ABOUT 4-INCHES BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND ACCESS WHICH IS HAD THROUGH A 9-INCH CAST IRON COVER MARKED AKRON SURVEY 1963.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.