Details for Benchmark: MB1702
N 41° 57.883 W 080° 32.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ASHTABULA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 906 3043 WL 116 A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
IN CONNEAUT. IN CONNEAUT, AT THE PITTSBURG AND CONNEAUT DOCK COMPANY ON THE WEST SIDE OF CONNEAUT HARBOR, THE MARK IS SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE OF BUILDING NUMBER 205 NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING ABOVE AND CENTERED BETWEEN TWO BASEMENT WINDOWS, 3.48 METERS (11.4 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 1.10 METERS (3.6 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE EAST METAL PIPE RAILING OF STEPS OF THE LOADING PLATFORM OF THE BUILDING. THE MARK IS 1.21 M ABOVE THE GROUND.
|12/08/1993 by OHDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (BM)
-------REPORT BY OHDT--------YEAR 1993-----------CONDITION -NOT FOUND
BUILDING 205 IS BELIEVED DESTROYED.
|06/16/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.