Details for Benchmark: MB1710
N 41° 56.817 W 080° 29.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- N 363
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
IN WEST SPRINGFIELD. IN WEST SPRINGFIELD, 1.0 KILOMETER (0.6 MILE) WEST-SOUTHWEST ALONG US HIGHWAY 20 FROM THE US POST OFFICE, AT THE NORTH CORNER OF THE COTTAGE CHURCH CEMETERY, 8.22 METERS (27.0 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.74 METERS (41.8 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE BASE OF A 5-FOOT HIGH GRANITE HEADSTONE INSCRIBED BRUCE, AND 1.52 METERS (5.0 FEET) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A 4 BY 4-INCH WOODEN POST SUPPORTING THE WEST SPRINGFIELD CITY LIMIT SIGN. THE MARK IS 0.35 METERS SE FROM N 363 THE MARK IS 0.18 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.