Details for Benchmark: MB2060
N 41° 58.641 W 080° 31.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- STATE LINE
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1975 (WAB)
THIRD ORDER EODM TRAVERSE STATION - POSITIONED DIRECT BY RANGE/AZIMUTH OBSERVATIONS FROM CONN LSC, 1974
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES EAST OF CONNEAUT, OH, AND APPROXIMATELY 500 FEET EAST OF THE OH/PA STATE LINE AT LAKE ERIE. ATOP A HIGH BLUFF OVERLOOKING THE LAKE ON THE FRONT YARD OF A GROUP OF COTTAGES OWNED BY THE U.S. STEEL CORPORATION.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. RTE 20 AND OH RTE 7 AT CONNEAUT, PROCEED EAST ON RTE 20 FOR 2.0 MILES TO THE OH/PA STATE LINE AND STATE LINE ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, NORTH, AND CONTINUE FOR 2.20 MILES UNTIL THE TERMINATION OF STATE LINE ROAD AT LAKE ROAD NEAR LAKE ERIE. TURN RIGHT, EAST, AND CONTINUE FOR ABOUT 500 FEET AND A GROUP OF 6 SMALL COTTAGES ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS LOCATED JUST NORTH OF THE FOURTH COTTAGE EAST OF THE STATE LINE (VICINITY OF UTILITY POLE NO. 34245 WHICH IS 100 FEET NORTH OF LAKE ROAD AND JUST SOUTH OF THE FOURTH COTTAGE REFERENCE).
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD NOS BRONZE DISK SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND STAMPED STATE LINE LSC 1975. AND IS LOCATED 52.9 FEET NORTH OF THE COTTAGES NORTHEAST CORNER, 55.7 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE COTTAGES NORTHEAST CORNER, 11.0 FEET EAST OF AN 8 INCH DECIDIOUS TREE, 9.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE ERODING BLUFF OVERLOOKING THE WATER. THE BLUFF IS SUBJECT TO CONTINUAL EROSION SOUTHERLY AND COULD GRADUALLY ENCROACH UPON THE STATION IN THE FUTURE.
NO REFERENCE MARKS WERE SET AT THE STATION. THE STATION AFFORDS GOOD VISIBILITY TO ALL POINTS SEAWARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.