Details for Benchmark: MB2087
N 41° 36.400 W 080° 30.594 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CRAWFORD county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by PADFW (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PA DEPT FORESTS WTRS 1941
STATION IS LOCATED ON STATE ROUTE 285 AT A POINT 3.1 MILES DUE E OF ANDOVER, OHIO, OR 1.1 MILES W OF THE VILLAGE OF ESPYVILLE, PA., WHICH POINT IS AT THE MAIN CAUSEWAY BRIDGE OF THE PYMATUNING RESERVOIR.
THE STATION IS QUITE CLOSE TO THE SE CORNER OF THE BRIDGE, BETWEEN THE GUARD RAIL AND THE ROCK CROWN OF THE CAUSEWAY.
THE STATION IS MARKED WITH A PA. COORDINATE SYSTEM BRONZE TABLET, SET IN THE TOP OF A 6- BY 6- BY 42-INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT PROTRUDING 4 INCHES ABOVE GROUND LEVEL. NO SUBSURFACE MARK WAS SET.
|08/19/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.