Details for Benchmark: MB2088
N 41° 33.355 W 080° 31.443 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ASHTABULA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by PADFW (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PA DEPT FORESTS WTRS 1941
REACHED FROM THE INTERSECTION OF ROUTE 7 AND ROUTE 322 BY GOING E ON THE LATTER FOR 1.95 MILES, THENCE N ON ROUTE 524 FOR 1.7 MILES, THENCE E FOR 1/4 MILE TO A BOATHOUSE ON RESERVOIR SHORE LINE.
THE STATION IS ABOUT 1/2 MILE NE OF THIS POINT, ABOUT 5 PACES INSHORE FROM THE HIGH-WATER MARK OF A PROMINENT POINT OF LAND.
STATION IS MARKED WITH A PA. COORDINATE SYSTEM BRONZE TABLET, SET IN THE TOP OF A 6- BY 6- BY 42-INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT PROTRUDING 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND LEVEL.
SUBSURFACE MARK IS A CONCRETE SLAB 8 BY 8 BY 3 INCHES WITH 1/4-INCH COPPER PLUG FOR CENTER.
NO OBSERVATION WAS TAKEN FROM THIS STATION, AND IT WAS OBSERVED ON FROM STATIONS BLACK AND NORTH BANK ONLY.
|10/01/1993 by OHDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (BM)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|06/25/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.