Details for Benchmark: MB2361
N 41° 00.282 W 081° 00.297 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 61 003 1 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 7-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PALMYRA, 2-3/4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF DEERFIELD, 1-1/2 MILES NORTHWEST OF NORTH BENTON, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF A PRIVATE DRIVE ON HARTZELL ROAD, TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 63.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 224 AND STATE ROUTE 14 IN DEERFIELD, GO SOUTHEAST OF ALTERNATE STATE ROUTE 14 FOR 3.5 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF WESTERN RESERVE ROAD, TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 78. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 1.2 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF HEISEL ROAD, TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 63. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH 1.2 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---61-003-1 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 51.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE, 13.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A PRIVATE DRIVE GOING TO THE BOAT RAMP AT DUTCH HARBOR MARINA, 12.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF AN OUT HOUSE, AND 6.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TWIN TRUNK 8-INCH ASH TREE.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.7 METERS. STATION 51 001 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AZIMUTH MARK
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.