Details for Benchmark: MB2396
N 41° 00.926 W 081° 07.408 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 71 026 1 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF DEERFIELD, 3-1/2 MILES SOUTHWEST OF YALE, 1-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF ATWATER, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF PORTER ROAD, COUNTY HIGHWAY 54.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 224 AND STATE ROUTE 183 AT ATWATER, GO EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 224 FOR 1.25 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF PORTER ROAD. TURN RIGHT ON PORTER ROAD AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.6 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---71-026-1 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 75.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 68 AM 9, 69.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NUMBER 11/13, 23.3 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE NUMBER 68 AW/5, AND 22.0 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF PORTER ROAD.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.6 METERS. STATION 71 037 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.