Details for Benchmark: MB2617
N 41° 09.055 W 081° 20.856 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- KENT KSU S STACK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (JRS)
THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE KENT, KENT STATE UNIVERSITY SOUTH STACK. IT IS THE SOUTH AND TALLER OF TWO YELLOW BRICK STACKS AND APPROXIMATELY 200 FEET HIGH.
IT IS LOCATED ON THE GROUNDS OF THE KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF KENT, AND 160 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TERRACE DRIVE.
DESCRIBED BY B.R. LEWIS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.