Details for Benchmark: MB2627
N 41° 07.833 W 081° 21.519 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 92 004 3 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 6-1/2 MILES NORTHWEST OF ROOTSTOWN, 2-1/4 MILES NORTHWEST OF BRIMFIELD, 1-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF KENT, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 92, MELOY ROAD.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTES 261 AND 43 IN KENT, GO SOUTH ON STATE ROUTE 43 FOR 0.35 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF MELOY ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON MELOY ROAD FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---92-004-3 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 77.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 6-INCH WILD CHERRY TREE, 48.3 FEET SOUTH OF A DOUBLE TRUNKED 10-INCH OAK TREE, 16.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF MELOY ROAD, AND 8.1 FEET NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE AND POWER POLE NUMBER 173/9.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.5 METERS. STATION 92 004 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AN AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.