Details for Benchmark: MB3042
N 41° 11.871 W 081° 37.093 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BA 109
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by OH-153 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SUMMIT COUNTY OHIO 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO ABOUT 10.27 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE CITY OF AKRON. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. ROUTE 271 AND STATE ROUTE 21 PROCEED SOUTH ALONG STATE ROUTE 21 1.82 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH EVERETT ROAD, ROUTE 47. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED EAST ALONG EVERETT ROAD 0.38 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH REVERE ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED SOUTH ALONG REVERE ROAD 0.2 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH SPRING VALLEY. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED WEST ALONG SPRING VALLEY 0.1 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD SUMMIT COUNTY BRONZE SURVEY DISK SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND STAMPED BA-109. THE STATION IS 26.6 FEET NORTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF SPRING VALLEY, 135.0 FEET EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE DRIVEWAY, 46.0 FEET SOUTHWEST FROM ELECTRIC POLE WITH METER, 74.0 FEET WEST FROM POLE NUMBER 5023003, AND 3.0 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST. THE STATION IS 505.01 METERS FROM STATION BA-108.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.