Details for Benchmark: MB3044
N 41° 11.448 W 081° 39.948 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BA 111
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by OH-153 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SUMMIT COUNTY OHIO 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO ABOUT 10.89 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE CITY OF AKRON. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. ROUTE 271 AND STATE ROUTE 21 PROCEED SOUTH ALONG STATE ROUTE 21 2.77 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH IRA ROAD, ROUTE 46. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED WEST ALONG IRA ROAD 2.08 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH HAMETOWN ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED NORTH ALONG HAMETOWN ROAD 0.15 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD SUMMIT COUNTY BRONZE SURVEY DISK SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND STAMPED BA-111. THE STATION IS 49.0 FEET NORTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF GRAVEL DRIVE, 3.0 FEET SOUTH FROM A METAL WITNESS POST, 21.0 FEET WEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF HAMETOWN ROAD AND 11.0 FEET SOUTHWEST FROM MILE MARKER 7. THE STATION IS 443.33 METERS FROM STATION BA-112.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.