Details for Benchmark: MB3253
N 41° 09.044 W 081° 21.440 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- KENT CITY HALL
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
IN THE CITY OF KENT, ABOUT 100 METERS (328.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 43 AND 59, ON CITY PROPERTY, IN A GRASS PLOT BETWEEN TWO ENTRANCES TO THE MUNICIPAL PARKING LOT LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF KENT CITY HALL, ALONG EAST DAYS STREET, 21.0 METERS (68.9 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CITY HALL BUILDING, 9.6 METERS (31.5 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF EAST DAYS STREET, 9.4 METERS (30.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF A HYDRANT, 1.2 METERS (3.9 FT) EAST OF EAST CURB OF THE WEST PARKING LOT ENTRANCE, AND 1.2 METERS (3.9 FT) SOUTH OF SOUTH CURB OF PARKING LOT, MARK PROJECTS 1 CENTIMETER.
|12/01/1992 by OH3880 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1992 (BW)
THE STATION MARK IS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF DAY STREET JUST EAST OF SOUTH WATER STREET (STATE ROUTE 43) NEAR THE PARKING LOT FOR KENT CITY HALL. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF SOUTH WATER STREET (STATE ROUTE 43) AND HAYMAKER PARKWAY (STATE ROUTE 59) NEAR KENT CITY HALL, TRAVEL SOUTH ALONG SOUTH WATER STREET A SHORT DISTANCE (APPROXIMATELY 240 FT) TO THE INTERSECTION OF DAY STREET. TURN LEFT ON TO DAY STREET AND TRAVEL ONLY A SHORT DISTANCE (APPROXIMATELY 300 FT) TO THE FIRST ENTRANCE TO THE KENT CITY HALL PARKING LOT ON YOUR LEFT. TURN LEFT INTO THE PARKING LOT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION MARK IS A BRASS DISK SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE STAMPED KENT CITY HALL 1986. THE STATION MARK IS ABOUT 46.5 FT NORTH OF THE PAVEMENT CENTERLINE OF DAY STREET AND IS ABOUT 16.0 FT NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK. THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE KENT CITY HALL BRICK BUILDING IS ABOUT 69.3 FT WEST OF THE STATION. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO DIRECT AZIMUTH MARK FOR THIS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.