Details for Benchmark: MC0762
N 41° 37.867 W 083° 38.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 198 L CO
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
3.2 MI W FROM TOLEDO. 3.2 MILES WEST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TOLEDO, LUCAS COUNTY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF WENZ ROAD AND SOUTH AVENUE, 14 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION, 24 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF SOUTH AVENUE, 24 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF WENZ ROAD, AND LEVEL WITH THE AVENUE. A LUCAS COUNTY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 623.401 198 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.