Details for Benchmark: MC1320
N 41° 21.513 W 083° 05.637 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SANDUSKY county, OH View Original Datasheet
- FREMONT HJ HEINZ CO STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (RHT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF FREMONT. IT IS A RED BRICK STRUCTURE, APPROXIMATELY 175 FEET HIGH, AND WITH HEINZ 57 STENCILED AT THE TOP OF STACK.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE CENTER OF STACK.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAYS 12, 6, 20 AND 19 IN THE EAST EDGE OF FREMONT, GO NORTH AND EAST ON HIGHWAYS 12 AND 6 FOR 0.7 MILE TO A GULF SERVICE STATION ON THE LEFT, TURN RIGHT FOR 0.2 MILE TO WHERE HIGHWAY 6 TURNS LEFT. TURN LEFT ON HIGHWAY 6 FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE H.J. HEINZ CO., ON THE LEFT AND THE STACK LOCATED AT THE SOUTH END OF A LARGE BRICK BUILDING.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (MS)
HEINZ RECOVERED GOOD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.