Details for Benchmark: MC1504
N 41° 41.654 W 083° 35.231 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by OH8120 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF TOLEDO OHIO 1943
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NW SECTION OF THE CITY OF TOLEDO, ON THE PROPERTY OF MRS. KAPLIN.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS 124.34 FEET NW OF THE STATION, 93 FEET N OF A FIRE PLUG, 19 FEET W OF THE CENTER LINE OF HARRIS ROAD, ON THE W EDGE OF A N-S SIDEWALK. THE MARK IS A TOLEDO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE DISK SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 3 INCHES. IT IS A BRONZE DISK AND IS STAMPED MBM.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF SYLVANIA AVENUE AND TREMAINSVILLE ROAD ON THE 3900 BLOCK IN THE CITY OF TOLEDO, GO NW ON TREMAINSVILLE ROAD FOR 0.1 MILE TO HARRIS STREET ON THE RIGHT AND STATION AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.