Details for Benchmark: MC1732
N 41° 37.059 W 083° 45.692 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|9/23/1993 by OH-095 (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY LUCAS COUNTY OHIO 1993
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO ABOUT 2.5 MILES WEST OF THE VILLAGE OF HOLLAND. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MCCORD ROAD AND AIRPORT HIGHWAY (STATE ROUTE 2) PROCEED WEST ALONG AIRPORT HIGHWAY 2.7 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH CRISSEY ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED NORTH ALONG CRISSEY ROAD 0.75 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH OLD STATE LINE ROAD AND THE STATION IN THE INTERSECTION. THE STATION IS A 3.25 INCH BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 6 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT 1.7 FEET BELOW THE ROAD SURFACE IN A STEEL MONUMENT BOX. THE MONUMENT BOX FLANGE IS STAMPED --CRISSEY 1993--. THE STATION IS AN EXISTING LUCAS COUNTY MARK, DATE OF INSTALLATION AND PARTY CHIEF ARE UNKNOWN. THE STATION IS 32.2 FEET NORTHWEST FROM A NAIL AND SHINER IN THE SOUTHWEST FACE OF A POLE LOCATED SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION, 48.8 FEET NORTH FROM A SQUARE HEAD BOLT IN THE CENTER OF CRISSEY ROAD, 78.5 FEET NORTHEAST FROM A NAIL AND SHINER IN THE NORTHEAST FACE OF A LIGHT POLE LOCATED WEST OF CRISSEY ROAD, AND 43.3 FEET NORTHEAST FROM A NAIL AND SHINER IN THE NORTHEAST FACE OF A POWER POLE LOCATED SOUTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.