Details for Benchmark: MC1769
N 41° 39.735 W 083° 39.191 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- LCB 149
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|09/23/1993 by OH-095 (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY LUCAS COUNTY OHIO 1993
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO IN THE CITY OF TOLEDO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO AT THE INTERSECTION OF BANCROFT STREET AND UNIVERSITY HILLS BOULEVARD PROCEED WEST ALONG BANCROFT STREET 2.25 MILES TO A RADIO STATION AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A 3.25 INCH BRASS LUCAS COUNTY ENGINEER DISK SET IN THE TOP OF AN 8 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 0.4 FEET AND IS STAMPED --BENCHMARK ELEV. 623.632 NO.149--. THE STATION IS AN EXISTING LUCAS COUNTY MARK, DATE OF INSTALLATION AND PARTY CHIEF ARE UNKNOWN. THE STATION IS 39.7 FEET SOUTH FROM A MONUMENT BOX IN THE CENTER OF BANCROFT STREET, 17.7 FEET SOUTH FROM A NAIL AND SHINER IN THE SOUTH FACE OF A POLE LOCATED SOUTH OF BANCROFT STREET, 31.4 FEET NORTH FROM A NAIL AND SHINER IN THE NORTH FACE OF POLE LOCATED WEST OF THE RADIO STATION, AND 60.3 FEET SOUTHEAST FROM + IN THE FACE OF A HYDRANT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.