Details for Benchmark: MC1808
N 41° 38.259 W 083° 28.041 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LUCAS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH-095 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LUCAS COUNTY OHIO 1993
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN LUCAS COUNTY, OHIO IN THE CITY OF OREGON. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF I-280 AND NAVARRE AVENUE (ROUTE 2) PROCEED EAST ALONG NAVARRE AVENUE 1.15 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH COY ROAD. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED NORTH ALONG COY ROAD APPROXIMATELY 200 FEET TO THE NORTH EDGE OF A DRAINAGE DITCH AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A 3.5 INCH BRASS LUCAS COUNTY ENGINEER DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT 0.2 FEET BELOW GROUND SURFACE AND IS STAMPED --OREGON 1993--. THE STATION IS 36.0 FEET WEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF COY ROAD, 6.9 FEET NORTHWEST FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A HEAD WALL, AND 48.5 FEET SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF AN ASPHALT LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.