Details for Benchmark: MD0262
N 41° 04.233 W 084° 59.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEN county, IN View Original Datasheet
- F 12
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by INHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
1 MI E FROM NEW HAVEN. ABOUT 1.0 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 14 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24 LEADING NORTH AT NEW HAVEN, 0.9 MILE WEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF DOYLE ROAD, SET ON THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT FOR A 25-FOOT CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER MARTIN DITCH, 21.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
|10/15/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
1.6 KM (1.00 MI) EASTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 14 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24 IN NEW HAVEN, IN TOP OF AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A HIGHWAY BRIDGE SPANNING MARTIN DITCH, AND 6.4 M (21.0 FT) NORTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.