Details for Benchmark: ME0163
N 41° 26.783 W 086° 08.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARSHALL county, IN View Original Datasheet
- MAR 37
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by INHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INDIANA HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT UNK
0.5 MI E FROM BREMEN. ABOUT 0.5 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 331 FROM THE BREMEN STATE BANK AT BREMEN, ABOUT 0.1 MILE EAST OF THE JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 6, AT A 100-FOOT CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER MIDDLE FORK OF YELLOW RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHEAST PIER, 32 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BRIDGE, 18 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.