Details for Benchmark: ME1492
N 41° 11.333 W 087° 31.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANKAKEE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- A 166
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
7.4 MI E FROM MOMENCE. ABOUT 7.45 MILES EAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KANKAKEE, AT CROSSING OF INDIANA-ILLINOIS STATE LINE ROAD AT ILLINOI, 228 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST OF CENTER OF CROSSING OF STATE LINE ROAD AND MAIN TRACK, 25 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL OF A SIDE TRACK, 38 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 9 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHWEST CORNER OF CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING OF ELEVATOR SCALE HOUSE, 20 FEET WEST-NORTHWEST OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF SAME BUILDING, 3 1/2 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE, ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH. NOTE-- MARK IS ABOUT 4.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE N.Y.C.RR FROM THE STATION AT SCHNEIDER, LAKE COUNTY, INDIANA.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.