Details for Benchmark: ME1495
N 41° 10.783 W 087° 33.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANKAKEE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- N 27
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
5.2 MI E FROM MOMENCE. ABOUT 5.25 MILES EAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT MOMENCE, ABOUT 0.5 MILE EAST OF BLACK TOP ROAD CROSSING AT EDGETOWN, ABOUT 0.2 MILE EAST OF WOODEN TRESTLE NO. 84.99 OVER SINGLETON DITCH, AT A PRIVATE FIELD ROAD CROSSING, 51 FEET SOUTHEAST OF CENTER OF PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING, 44 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL, 4 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE LINE, 21 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 205 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST AND ACROSS TRACK FROM STATION STAKE NO. 4450, 2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 7 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.