Details for Benchmark: ME1546
N 41° 14.517 W 087° 51.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KANKAKEE county, IL View Original Datasheet
- E 207
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.8 MI SW FROM MANTENO. ABOUT 1.15 MILES WEST ALONG DIVISION STREET AND ITS EXTENSION (DESELMO-MANTENO ROAD) FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH MAIN STREET, THENCE 0.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE HANGERS OF THE MANTENO AIRPORT, NEAR A DRIVEWAY WEST TO TWO WHITE HOUSES, 32 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1 1/2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 33 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A WHITE HOUSE, 97 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVEWAY, 3 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A T-FENCE CORNER, 2.3 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (IB)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.