Details for Benchmark: ME1942
N 41° 32.550 W 087° 44.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- T 207
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
3.9 MI N FROM MATTESON. ABOUT 1.6 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 50 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 30 IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF MATTESON, THENCE 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, THENCE 1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, THENCE 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, AT A T-FENCE CORNER, 31 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 60 1/2 FEET NORTH AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE T-FENCE CORNER, 2 FEET WEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE WITH A BRACE, 2.1 FEET EAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.