Details for Benchmark: ME1952
N 41° 34.733 W 087° 43.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- W 207 RESET 1966
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
1.7 MI S FROM OAK FOREST. ABOUT 1.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 50 (CICERO AVENUE) FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 6 IN OAK FOREST, IN THE NORTHWEST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 50 AND 171ST STREET, ABOUT 600 FEET WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 50 (CICERO AVENUE), 49 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF 171ST STREET, 3 FEET EAST OF A POWERLINE POLE, 1.5 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND IS SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.