Details for Benchmark: ME1955
N 41° 34.983 W 087° 43.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- TRYNER 2 RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Team Fawlty found ME1955
Found in good condition.
There are signs up saying that they are going to be building an Outlet Mall at this location.
[This entry was edited by Team Fawlty on Monday, June 01, 2009 at 7:15:18 PM.]
||CoyoteTrust found ME1955
N 41° 35.012 W 087° 43.848
Found right near TRYNER2 at the above coords. This mark is odd in that is stamped TRYNER 2 NO 2 and has a witness post. The first “2” looks like it was added, and over the second “2” is stamped the number 5. This mark was logged in 2008 as “good” by an “individual” per the latest NGS datasheet report, so I’ll go ahead and log it, too.
The description is very out-dated. Check the aerial images of this mark and nearby TRYNER 2 to get an idea of what you are in for. The area will soon be developed anyway.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
1.9 MI S FROM OAK FOREST. ABOUT 1.45 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 50 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 6 IN OAK FOREST, THENCE 0.3 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG BRENNAN ROAD, THENCE 0.15 MILE SOUTH ALONG A ROW OF TREES SEPARATING TWO FIELDS, AT THE SOUTH END OF A GAP IN THE ROW OF TREES, 586 FEET SOUTH ALONG THE ROW OF TREES FROM THE CENTER LINE OF BRENNAN ROAD, 68 FEET SOUTH OF A TWIN TRUNK CHERRY TREE, 10 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A CHERRY TREE WITH LOW SPREADING BRANCHES, 19.8 FEET SOUTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION TRYNER, 15.4 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.