Details for Benchmark: ME2660
N 41° 53.511 W 087° 35.922 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- 020 COC
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by IL1670 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF CHICAGO ILLINOIS 1977 (CJO)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OF CHICAGO AT THE EAST END OF NAVY PIER. NO ADDRESS.
THE STATION MARK IS A BRONZE DISK STAMPED---020 1977---AND SET IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE PIER PLATFORM WITH THE INSCRIPTION CITY OF CHICAGO TRIANGULATION STATION.
THE STATION IS 33.7 FEET WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE PIER PLATFORM AND 137.9 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE PIER PLATFORM.
|01/01/1983 by IL1670 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CITY OF CHICAGO ILLINOIS 1983 (CJO)
THE DESIGNATED MARK WAS RECOVERED AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED. NO CHANGES WERE NOTED FROM THE 1977 DESCRIPTIVE TEXT.
DESCRIBED BY CITY OF CHICAGO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.