Details for Benchmark: ME2933
N 41° 31.982 W 087° 42.291 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- RICH TWP MICROWAVE KSA 46 LT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (LWS)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES WEST OF OLYMPIA FIELDS, 2 MILES SOUTHWEST OF FLOSSMOOR AND 0.4 MILE WEST OF U.S. HIGHWAY 54, IN RICH TOWNSHIP. IT IS A 30 FOOT SQUARE CONCRETE BUILDING, 197 FEET HIGH, OWNED BY THE AMERICAN TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE COMPANY AND USED FOR TELEVISION RELAY PURPOSES. THERE ARE 4 LARGE CONICAL SHAPED RELAYS LOCATED ATOP THE BUILDING. THE POINT OBSERVED ON WAS A FLASHING RED LIGHT LOCATED ON A STAFF AT THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE BUILDING.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 54 AND 30, WHICH IS 3 MILES WEST OF CHICAGO HEIGHTS, GO NORTH ON HIGHWAY 54 FOR 2 MILES TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT, TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON GRAVEL ROAD FOR 0.4 MILE TO STATION AS DESCRIBED.
|01/01/1956 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (WNM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE OLD DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.